The mission of the Center for Literacy, Education and Employment is to support continuous improvement in the fields of education and workforce development through training, resources, advocacy and research.
We envision the Center for Literacy, Education and Employment as an international leader in achieving and maintaining a future where all individuals have the knowledge, skills, and opportunities needed to flourish in an increasingly complex and interconnected world.
- All forms of literacy and numeracy including health, economic and financial, workforce education and technology.
- Lifelong learning for individual growth, meaningful employment, economic independence, civic participation, and social justice.
- The innovative use of emerging technologies to fulfill our mission and reach our vision.
- A focus on the needs of learners, practitioners, and partners to inform and improve our work.
- Diversity and inclusion in an interconnected world.
- A staff that maintains excellence in all areas of work while continuously reflecting upon and improving its practices.
- The ability to stay grounded and respond effectively to uncertainty and change.
- A staff that promotes leadership, professionalism, collaboration, and integrity.
- A staff that encourages a healthy work/life balance and recognizes individual contributions.