Helping Children Learn in the Primary and Elementary Years – MATH: A Guide to the Math Common Core State Standards for Parents and Students (March 2013)
NEW! Great introduction for anyone working with Early grades and new to the Common Core State Standards.
Helping Your Child Grow The Guides below were created to help families and caregivers understand the TN Early Learning Standards in the areas of speech, language, social/emotional physical and cognitive development.
The Guides above are also available in Spanish:
- Reading Education:
- Families Helping Children Become Better Readers contains ideas for parents to become more involved in their child’s education
- Facilitator’s Guide for Families Helping Children Become Better Readers will assist you with planning and conducting a workshop for parents to help them learn ways in which they can encourage and support their children’s learning.
- Helping Your Child at Home: Reading Strategies Parents Can Use
- Fact Sheets to help your child with reading:
- Bullying: What You Should Know and Do to Protect Your Child: information on how to prevent your child from academic, social and emotional difficulties tied to being bullied.