The Center for Literacy, Education, and Employment has a number of publications within the field of literacy research and practice. Most titles are in PDF format and may be downloaded free from this page.
- 2000 Families First Idea Book: Integrating Work Skills and Basic Skills. Donna J.G. Brian, Jackie Taylor-Pendergrass, and Sherry Thompson (Editors). 2000.
- 1999 Families First Idea Book: Integrating Work Skills and Basic Skills. Donna J.G. Brian, Pat Sawyer (Editors). 1999.
- Assessment ESOL Action Research Report. Pat Sawyer, edited by Charlotte Duncan, 2000.
- A Facilitator’s Guide: Introducing Getting There. Mary Beth Bingman, 1997.
- Getting There: A Curriculum for People Moving into Employment. Marian Colette, Beverly Woliver, Mary Beth Bingman and Juliet Merrifield, 1996.
- Getting There: Appendix
- If Only I Could…Read, Write, Spell: Identifying and Helping Adults Who Find Learning Difficult. The Action Research Group on Learning Disabilities of The Center for Literacy Studies, 1994. $12.00
- Keys to Effective LD Teaching Practice. Margaret Lindop, February, 2002.
- Learning at Work. Diane P. Gardner, 2000.
- Learning Skills Curriculum. Jim Ford, Jane Knight, and Emily McDonald-Littleton, 2001.
- Lessons from the Holocaust. Produced by Tennessee teachers in a Center for Literacy Studies action research group, edited by Lisa White Smith, July 1998. ($15.00 for a hardcopy)
- Making It On My Own: Helping Adult Learners Move Toward Self-Sufficiency. Connie White and Barbara Eubank (Editors). Spring 1999.
- Teacher as Learner: A Source Book for Participatory Staff Development. Beth Bingman and Brenda Bell, 1995. $12.00.
- Tennessee Adult ESOL Curriculum Resource Book. Pat Sawyer (Editor), 2001.
- Tennessee ESOL in the Workplace. Pat Sawyer and Barbara Tondre, 2003.
- World Comes to Tennessee: A Resource Book for Adult Education and ESOL Teachers of Advanced Level ESOL Students. 2004.
For information about Equipped for the Future (EFF) publications, please go to eff.cls.utk.edu
For information about these titles contact:
Margy Ragsdale, firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Literacy, Education, and Employment
600 Henley Street, Suite 312
Knoxville, TN 37996-4135
or call toll free: